Next Generation of Banknotes: $10 Design Revealed
The Reserve Bank has today revealed the design of the new $10 banknote that will be issued into circulation from September 2017. The images show the basic design artwork on each side of the banknote.
The Governor, Philip Lowe, said:
‘The $10 banknote celebrates two famous Australian writers, Dame Mary Gilmore and AB ‘Banjo’ Paterson. Their work is recognised in several design elements on the banknote, including images of a pen nib in two of the clear windows and excerpts of their poetry in microprint.’
Innovative new security features have been incorporated in the new $10 banknote to help keep them secure from counterfeiting. These security features are similar to those in the $5 banknote issued in 2016, such as the top-to-bottom clear window and the patch with a rolling colour effect.
Each banknote in the new series will feature a different species of native Australian wattle and bird. The $10 banknote features the Bramble Wattle (Acacia victoriae) and the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo (Cacatua galerita).
The Bank has been working closely with various parties in recent years to ensure that the new banknotes can be used in a broad range of typical day-to-day transactions across the country, including in machines that take or dispense banknotes. Although the new $10 banknotes will be issued in September, it may take some time for them to be widely circulated. The existing series of banknotes can continue to be used as all previously issued banknotes remain legal tender.
Full details of the design and security features on the new $10 banknote are available on the Bank's website.
Products effected by the new note changes are:
- CashCode Products
- FL Series
- SM Series (SM2005, 2055, 2017)
- Bill to Bill (MBB310 XX180)
- Crane Payment Innovations Products
- SM Series (SM2005, 2055, 2017)
- Bill to Bill Recycler (MBB310AU1180) BX300 (MBB310XX1180)
Suzo Happ Products
- Bill to Bill Recycler (MBB310XX1180)
- BX300 (BB310XX180)
- Next Generation of Banknotes: $10 Design Revealed
- Hand Arm Vibration Safety
- Reactec seeks international growth oppotunitites in Australia and Japan
- Safety in Action Show - Melbourne
- Reactec wins major construction industry award in the UK
- Reactec wins health and safety award at Speedy Expo event
- Continental Tyres Australia chooses Chameleon by iSIGN Media Corp
- Chameleon technology by iSIGN hits the mark in Australia
- Synergy Pharmacy Group prescribes digital signage rollout at Rose Bay pharmacy
- Abuzz Solutions trials Horsent 21.5" AIO PC as a sales kiosk at Be Me Clothing.
- Force Sensing Technology pushed by Zytronic Displays
- Zytronic touch screens find the way in Asia’s leading integrated resort through JEA Technologies and Abuzz Solutions
- JEA Technologies announces collaboration with eHealth Consortium Group on Smart Antenna integration for public hospital and health services
- 23% of users abandon apps after one use
- JEAs new commercial and industrial 21.5" AIO PC
- iSIGN Media and Dynamic Digital Strategic Solutions Announces a national mobile network trial with ScriptRelief for 225 locations
- New AU $5 banknote, software release BB AU1183 & FL AU1520
- Chamelon for Digital Signage used in Traralgon ARB store
- New 18.5" and 21.5" touch monitor for wall/pole mount applications
- RX10 and RX10H, the thinnest and lightest handled 2-in-1 10.1" tablet
- iBeacon vs Smart Antenna
- JEA announces a new 42" PCAP Multi Touch Monitor
- The Chameleon Solution from JEA Technologies
- JEA releases a new range of open frame multi-touch monitors
- The worlds brightest LCD - DS551LT7
- Zytronic introduces ZYFILM Multitouch - a rollable, flexible Projected Capacitive touch film
- JEA Technologies is appointed the Australian distributor for iSIGN Media
- Robustel GoRugged M1000 Industrial 2G/3G/4G USB Modem Enables Mobile Ticket Vending Machine