Zytronic introduces ZYFILM Multitouch - a rollable, flexible Projected Capacitive touch film
Zytronic, the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced projected capacitive touch sensing solutions, has extended its offering with the introduction of a rollable and extremely flexible touch film to complement its range of award winning glass touch sensors. The flexible film, which utilises the company’s proprietary Multi-touch Projected Capacitive Technology (MPCT™), is expected to prove particularly popular in retail and other digital signage applications that require large, eye-catching interactive displays.
The new film gives customers the option of creating their own touch screen displays by laminating the film on to the rear of a transparent substrate – such as a shop window – and combining it with a projector or LCD. Currently available in sizes up to 85 inches, the polyester touch foils can be deployed in semi-permanent and permanent applications when correctly laminated to a suitable substrate.
Used in conjunction with Zytronic’s ZXY200 and ZXY300 multi-touch controllers, the touch foils are capable of detecting up to 40 simultaneous touch points through glass thicknesses of 10mm. This results in a cost effective interactive solution with class-leading touch performance. The thinner construction of the new ZYFILM touch foils mean that they can be packed in tubes when shipped in small quantities – minimising transportation costs.
When mounted on the rear surface of a protective substrate, the projected capacitive sensor is well protected and highly resilient to the rigours of everyday public use. This, coupled with its one time calibration and absence of drift, translates into extremely high levels of reliability, which are essential for year round operation.
Commenting on the introduction, Zytronic sales & marketing director, Ian Crosby said: “We want to provide our customers around the world with access to Zytronic’s industry-leading touch sensor technology, regardless of the physical format of their end application. This new film delivers a highly flexible solution – in all senses of the word – and will enable brand owners to engage with customers in creative and productive ways.”
- Reactec wins major construction industry award in the UK
- Reactec wins health and safety award at Speedy Expo event
- Continental Tyres Australia chooses Chameleon by iSIGN Media Corp
- Chameleon technology by iSIGN hits the mark in Australia
- Synergy Pharmacy Group prescribes digital signage rollout at Rose Bay pharmacy
- Abuzz Solutions trials Horsent 21.5" AIO PC as a sales kiosk at Be Me Clothing.
- Force Sensing Technology pushed by Zytronic Displays
- Zytronic touch screens find the way in Asia’s leading integrated resort through JEA Technologies and Abuzz Solutions
- JEA Technologies announces collaboration with eHealth Consortium Group on Smart Antenna integration for public hospital and health services
- 23% of users abandon apps after one use
- JEAs new commercial and industrial 21.5" AIO PC
- iSIGN Media and Dynamic Digital Strategic Solutions Announces a national mobile network trial with ScriptRelief for 225 locations
- New AU $5 banknote, software release BB AU1183 & FL AU1520
- Chamelon for Digital Signage used in Traralgon ARB store
- New 18.5" and 21.5" touch monitor for wall/pole mount applications
- RX10 and RX10H, the thinnest and lightest handled 2-in-1 10.1" tablet
- iBeacon vs Smart Antenna
- JEA announces a new 42" PCAP Multi Touch Monitor
- The Chameleon Solution from JEA Technologies
- JEA releases a new range of open frame multi-touch monitors
- The worlds brightest LCD - DS551LT7
- Zytronic introduces ZYFILM Multitouch - a rollable, flexible Projected Capacitive touch film
- JEA Technologies is appointed the Australian distributor for iSIGN Media
- Robustel GoRugged M1000 Industrial 2G/3G/4G USB Modem Enables Mobile Ticket Vending Machine